Volunteers must register in advance in order to receive a QR code to present when arriving.
- Volunteers MUST be at least 6 years old and supervised by a parent or guardian throughout the shift.
- All volunteers under the age of 18 also need a completed Youth Volunteer Consent Form signed by a parent or guardian. A copy of this form can be downloaded by clicking the RESOURCES tab on your Volunteer Profile page.
- For your safety, personal belongings are not allowed in project areas: Due to limited locker space, we ask that you lock your purse, jackets, backpacks and any other valuables in your vehicle before checking-in.
- Special accommodations needed? Let us know before your volunteer shift so we can plan accordingly.
- Wear closed-toe shoes so your feet are protected and dress in layers so you will be comfortable throughout your shift.
- If you are scheduled for the kitchen, please wear long pants – NO SHORTS OR JEWELRY ALLOWED.
Most of the projects at the warehouse involve inspecting, sorting, and repackaging donated food items for community distribution.
From Downtown: Take IH-10 east and exit Gellhorn St. (exit #774). Make a U-turn at Gellhorn, stay on feeder and turn right on Portwall St.
If space permits, you may park in the front parking lot, but in the event of a large volunteer turnout, you may be directed to our overflow lot located behind the building.
CLOSED-TOE SHOES REQUIRED – casual dress, long pants (preferred), t-shirt with sleeves. Bring work gloves if desired.
We count on your generous donation of time; however, if you are unable to make it, please log in to your Volunteer Profile to cancel your registration or contact a Houston Food Bank Volunteer Scheduling Team member at email@example.com for additional assistance.
Thank you again for helping us meet our mission of food for better lives. You truly make a difference and we appreciate your time and support!