The Houston Alumni Chapter has partnered with Urban Harvest, a local nonprofit that promotes community gardening, hosts farmers markets and provides youth education. They need assistance to unload trees, assist customers and provide general support during the Urban Harvest 20th Annual Fruit Tree Sale – the largest 1-day fruit tree sale in the U.S., on Saturday, Feb. 15 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
If you are interested in volunteering, please follow the steps below:
1. Register online
2. On the Volunteer Availability page, select Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020
3. On the Saturday shift page, select 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
4. On the Volunteering at the Urban Harvest Fruit Tree Sale page, answer the three questions. When asked “Are you volunteering as part of a group?” select Yes.
5. On the following page when asked Enter the Group Name type ST. MARY’S ALUMNI (all uppercase)
6. On the Volunteer Details page, enter your personal information and select “Next”
After following the above steps, email Anietie Akpan (J.D. ’13), Event Coordinator, to confirm your registration no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 27.
Questions? Contact Jairo Garcia (B.A. ’08), Chapter President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.